NEST LIVE MEDIA Installation¶
Download and install a virtual machine if you do not already have one installed.
For Linux users, it is possible to install Virtual Box from the package repositories.
sudo apt-get install virtualbox
sudo dnf install virtualbox
sudo zypper install virtualbox
NEST image setup¶
- Download the NEST live medium
- Start Virtual Box and import the virtual machine image “lubuntu-16.04_nest-2.14.0.ova” (File > Import Appliance)
- Once imported, you can run the NEST image
- The user password is nest.
- For better performance you can increase the memory for the machine Settings > System > Base Memory
- To allow fullscreen mode of the virtual machine you also need to increase the video memory above 16MB. (Settings > Display > Video Memory)
- If you need to share folders between the virtual machine and your regular desktop environment, click on Settings. Choose Shared Folder and add the folder you wish to share. Make sure to mark automount.
- To install Guest Additions, select Devices > Insert Guest Additions CD image… (top left of the VirtualBox Window). Then, open a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+t), go to “/media/nest/VBOXADDITIONS…/” and run “sudo bash VboxLinuxAdditions.run”.
- To set the correct language layout for your keyboard (e.g., from “US” to “DE”), you can use the program “lxkeymap”, which you start by typing “lxkeymap” in the terminal.